Philippines  |  Business Law

I asked this question and only got "yes" as an answer. I hope to get some advice as to what I can do to get payment. Here is my previous question sent earlier - Hi. I am a freelance writer from the Philippines and I have a US client who has not paid in 3 months. I have been reminding them but they said they need to wait for their clients to pay them before they can pay me. They did not give me a specific timeframe. Can I demand payment?

Answered on: 12/08/12, 9:11 pm by VOLTAIRE T. DUANO

Yes you have this right to demand. That is your only question CAN I DEMAND PAYMENT? The answer is a simple YES. But if what you are asking is if I demand the payment will I be able to collect. That is a big problem for you considering that the other party is outside the Philippines. Even if you sue them and obtained a decision the problem is how you can enforce it. Unless you want to engage a counsel in the US to sue them and obtain reliefs against this client.

VOLTAIRE T. DUANO LAW OFFICE 9th Floor Suit 9N Future Point Plaza 3 No. 111 Panay Avenue, South Triangle, Que Quezon City, 1103