South Carolina  |  Workers Comp

PPI Award doesnt sound fair for 10%

In 12/2003 I injured my back at work. I have not been out of work nor drawn any money. Anytime I missed a few hours for treatment or appointment it was unpaid. I have went through several rounds (5 or 6) of PT, had several injections in my back, and am currently on pain medication round the clock and the doctor said I most likely will always be in pain. I am able to continue working because I have a desk job.

I was declared 10% PPI (lower back). I received a letter Saturday offering me $9600.30 as an award.

I am just curious as to if this amount sounds close to fair. I have never been involved in anything similar and have nothing to relate to.

I have not went to an attorney because I am afraid they will terminate me if I do that, but I want what is fair to both of us. This is a desk job and I was a housewife most of my life and have no education to fall back on if this job goes away. I would never be able to take a job where I had to stand on my feet for any length of time.

Salary if you need to know is 525.20 per week.