Legal Question in Criminal Law in South Carolina

harboring a runaway

i got a hotel for my sisters brother and he had a 16 year old runaway at the hotel for a couple days before he turned her in`the parents just want to put someone in jail. that cant put him in jail becouse he is a minor and i'm 21. i was not aware of the girl there but the parents are trying to get a warrent for my arrest is that even possible

Asked on 4/05/07, 8:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elizabeth Hyatt E.H. Robinson Law, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: harboring a runaway

Yes, it's possible. In SC, they can go to a magistrate and get a warrant for your arrest for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, among other things. Please contact me if you have further questions.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/07, 7:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in South Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now