South Carolina  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/13/09, 8:27 am

Public Disorderly Conduct

Spartanburg, SC

Public Disorderly Conduct charge.. Friday night at a bar my friend was assaulted in the parking lot. He came over to my car, got in and as we were driving off the person kicked the side of my car. We called the police and had them meet us at my house. I was drinking a beer and my friend was trying to clean up a bloody lip when the 2 officers came inside and we explained what was going on. The officer said since we didn't know the name of the person and since we both had been drinking we could not press any sort of charges. I asked about what to do if there was any damage to my car, he asked if I would step outside and allow him to look over the car. I agreed, we went outside and looked around the car there seemed there was no damage. I asked again about my friends lip and he said there was nothing we could do. I said this is bulls**t as I was walking inside the house. He then followed me inside and arrested me for PDC. Suggestions? I was released the next morning. Court in 3 weeks.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search