South Carolina  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/22/12, 1:33 pm

Had my 3 year old daughter out of wedlock in CT, father signed birth certificate. We moved to SC, but did not stay together. Never went to court, but had mutual agreement for visitation. Father has not made any contact with child since Jan 21, 2011. He has also dropped her from his medical benefits, effective Jan 1, 2012. Is this terms for termination of parental rights? My husband would like to do a stepparent adoption as well.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search