South Carolina  |  Personal Injury

Would a lawsuit be reasonable?

In May 1997 I was a passenger in ajeep that was going too fast around a curve. We had the top off , the jeep rolled over threw me out and now im a t3 parapalegic. Now im wheelchair bound and got a very little settlement. I never sued her just the insurance company.I was 17 at the time im going on 19 now. My mother handled it i was in the hospital and rehab. she signed some paperwork but the aper that says shed never sue again. keep in mind i never signed anything. What are my chances of suing the driver or whoever i could go after. After all im in a chair for life and shes off at college. i seriously think i deserve more than what ive got and need to be set for my life because it was obviously her faut and not mine.

ps can u give me an idea of how much to try and get?

Answered on: 5/11/99, 1:49 pm by David Austin

Re: Would a lawsuit be reasonable?

Because you were a minor your mother proabably had the right to settle the claim for you even if you didn't sign anything. You will likely not be able to file any lawsuit against the driver. BUT You should get ans answer to this questions from a SC attorney. If you need some names, please give me a call. 1-800-838-0800

Burke & Eisner, P.A. 401 Gilford Ave, Suite 125 Gilford, NH 03246