Legal Question in Workers Comp in South Carolina

Supv notified verbally, condition worsened

In Sept 1998 I was involved in a foot police chase and afterward had leg & hip pains. Told supervisor, thought was from being out of shape, age, etc. Went to Dr week later, have had MRI, CAT Scan, Myleogram, Sympathetic Nerve Blocks, Epidural Injections, phy therapy, problem persists, SI joint, reflex sympathetic dystrophy. I had filed 2 prior WC claims, neck surjery-on duty auto accident,shoulder surgery from on duty chase & fall. Didnt want to get name for complaining, thought condition would get better but not happening. Is there problem with filing now as problem is bad. Thank you very much.

William O'Neil O'Neil Law Firm

Re: Supv notified verbally, condition worsened

Law says you have to notify Employer w/in 90 days. You should take the position that you satisfied the "notify" requirement of the law by verbally telling supervisor. Sounds like you need a lawyer to represent you, as based on my experience, I would expect the employer will probably deny the claim. You can call my office 843-448-0920 in Myrtle Beach and we have some brochures we can send you. If you need a lawyer let us know. We can handle if it occurred in the Myrtle Beach area or refer you to a lawyer in your home town if you are out of town.

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in South Carolina

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms