Legal Question in Workers Comp in South Carolina

Supv notified verbally, condition worsened

In Sept 1998 I was involved in a foot police chase and afterward had leg & hip pains. Told supervisor, thought was from being out of shape, age, etc. Went to Dr week later, have had MRI, CAT Scan, Myleogram, Sympathetic Nerve Blocks, Epidural Injections, phy therapy, problem persists, SI joint, reflex sympathetic dystrophy. I had filed 2 prior WC claims, neck surjery-on duty auto accident,shoulder surgery from on duty chase & fall. Didnt want to get name for complaining, thought condition would get better but not happening. Is there problem with filing now as problem is bad. Thank you very much.

Asked on 6/12/99, 5:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William O'Neil O'Neil Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Supv notified verbally, condition worsened

Law says you have to notify Employer w/in 90 days. You should take the position that you satisfied the "notify" requirement of the law by verbally telling supervisor. Sounds like you need a lawyer to represent you, as based on my experience, I would expect the employer will probably deny the claim. You can call my office 843-448-0920 in Myrtle Beach and we have some brochures we can send you. If you need a lawyer let us know. We can handle if it occurred in the Myrtle Beach area or refer you to a lawyer in your home town if you are out of town.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/99, 12:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in South Carolina

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now