South Carolina  |  Workers Comp

Upcoming deposition

Briefly, I've been notified by registered mail that I am to appear for a "hearing" / deposition for settlement on 4/23 at my former employers location. What questions will I be asked? Also, they are applying for reimbursement for any overages I have been paid that exceeded whatever "awards" I am entitled to, (which isn't much for a tendon replacement on my rt. thumb/wrist area) and this makes me nervous as I have little cash on hand to do this with. That, plus should I obtain an attorney to go in there with me and "hold my hand" (so to speak), should I say something stupid?

Please notify ASAP...Thank you!

Answered on: 4/08/99, 5:38 pm by William O'Neil

Re: Upcoming deposition

Call my office in Myrtle Beach 843-448-0920. If you are in another part of the state, I will refer you to a lawyer in your home town who is a member of the association of attorneys that represents employees in workers' compensation claims. Sounds like you need to retain a lawyer!

William O'Neil

O'Neil Law Firm

P.O. Box 3909

O'Neil Law Firm P.O. Box 3909 Myrtle Beach, SC 29578-3909