Legal Question in Business Law in South Dakota

Company's money for personal use

What are the legal ramification for using the company's money for personal use? What can be done to stop a partner from continuing? Can a suit be file against the partner?

Asked on 12/08/02, 11:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Todd Epp Abourezk & Epp Law Offices
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Company's money for personal use

If the draws are not allowed by the partnership agreement or corporation operating agreement, then yes, you can do something about it. You could ask for an injunction to stop further transfers and ask for an accounting. Depending on how badly the relationship has deteriorated, you might also want to dissolve the corporation and take out your contribution (or remaining %). This process can be messy, time consuming, and expensive.

Thank you for your question. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Todd D. Epp, Esq.

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 12/08/02, 11:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in South Dakota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now