Tennessee  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/09/13, 4:40 pm

My ex-husband signed off custody in our divorce 3 yrs ago. He didn't really have any regular visitation. All visitation was to be set by me because of his working out of state so much. He agreed to all this in the parenting plan and divorce. Last year I took a ex-parte on him because he was threatning harm to me and threatening to take off with the kids. He opened a motion to dismiss months after he signed an agreement to keep the exparte for a year. He did not show for his own motion to dismiss. I am now offered better job and ability to buy a house I can afford, however in another state. TN law says I need to have his approval outside 100 miles move. Is this still the case with having an exparte order of protection? Could I get in trouble for moving anyway as I am not to have contact with him either? And I have proof he doesnt even stay in this state anyway/ he told on ejudge he doesnt have a residence because he is over the road so much in other states for (x) amount of time. He uses his parents address for all court purposes. Can he technically keep me "stuck" here while he moves on with his life?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search