Tennessee  |  Military Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/11/08, 3:08 pm

Upgrading OTH discharge/Naturalization process

My husband was granted leave after about 5 weeks in basic training because I lost our first child to miscarriage and had to undergo a D&C to remove the baby. He was concerned about my mental well being and blamed himself for the miscarriage since he wasn't there to help with the household. He never went back to complete basic training and so was eventually classified as a deserter. He did report to Ft.Sill after many weeks and was given an OTH discharge. He is a permanent resident alien seeking to obtain naturalization after years of procrastination but apparently this discharge is going to prevent that. Does he have any options?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search