Texas  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/18/05, 12:42 pm

Breach of Warranty

I had my car transmission repaired by a company and received a 90 day warranty (verbal). I did receive a receipt for work done and the amount. Needless to say, the work was not done correctly as the transmission is still leaking fluid, which is why I took my car in to be repaired. I have tried to take the car back to the repair company, but they keep giving me excuses. First, his mechanic was in the hospital, then it was that I was wrong, the car is not leaking and NOW, he says that he can send it to another mechanic, BUT it will cost me additional monies that I do not have. I have requested a refund so I can take it somewhere else, but he has refused. What can I do? Do I have any recourse? Is there a Legal form or something that I can send Certified Mail or something? He is the only one that runs his shop and I know he won't take a day off to go to court. I am at my wits end. He thinks that because I am a woman, that I will just let it drop, but I cannot afford to do that. I have to have my car running and am afraid that if I keep driving it (leaking) that I will do further damage to my transmission. Can anyone help me?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search