Legal Question in Criminal Law in Texas

Out of state court date

I'm from PA, and was arrested for disorderly conduct in Houston, Texas while visiting. Bail was posted, and my court date is 5/13/2005. How can I either get the charges dropped or go to court ''remotely''. The idea is that I don't want to fly to Texas and the cops probably won't even show.

Asked on 5/02/05, 7:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles A. Pascal, Jr. Law Office of Charles A. Pascal, Jr.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Out of state court date

You can't go to court "remotely." While not specfically familiar with Texas law, it's pretty universal that if you don't show up, a bench warrant will be issued for your arrest. Depending on how that's handled, it may only apply if you go back to Texas, or, it may end up on a database that would allow you to be held for Texas if you are ever picked up in PA or elsewhere. I would suggest you call a lawyer in Texas to see what can be done.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/05, 9:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now