Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/30/13, 11:00 am

My boyfriend has a three year old daughter with his ex. They were never married (she was still legally married when she got pregnant) and he isn't on the birth certificate but his daughter has his last name. For the past two years they had agreed to a five month on five month off custody agreement and it was working great for both of them until last year when my boyfriend had his daughter in his possession and he wound up being arrested for misdemeaner marijuana posession (less than 2 oz). His parents were keeping his daughter the two months he was in jail (which he chose to serve instead of prolonging probation, he just wanted to get it over with) but the mom came back early saying she had moved back to Texas from South Carolina and wanted to take her daughter to go to a family BBQ and she would return her later that evening. She never came back and now she won't return any phone calls, emails or text messages. He is supposed to be getting his daughter again in December but he can't get in touch with his ex. What can we do to force her to allow us to see his daughter? He is devistated and knows he made a mistake and has done his time and paid his price for it but he REALLY wants his daughter back or at least visitation, a phone call, something!

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search