Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

My ex and I had a child together while I was living in Michigan. Since we broke up 5 years ago, he has married and I have moved to another state and married as well. We have split legal custody, while he has soul physical custody over our daughter. His wife has brought up the idea of her adopting my daughter; what kind of research do you recommend so that we will know if this is a good decision and what we will have to go through for the process?

Asked on 8/30/09, 2:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Omon Imobioh Law Offices of Omonzusi Imobioh
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to contact a lawyer to explain the legal implications of termination of your parental rights and adoption of your child by another is. Probaby a good idea to also talk to a lawyer in the state where your ex currently resides.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/09, 1:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now