Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

child support issues. Today, I learned $600 was the deducted from my paycheck. I received no prior notice. Have undocumented occasions where I pay for Medical, food,recreational, cetera. What are my rights?

Asked on 9/05/13, 12:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Henderson Kevin Henderson Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Ask your employer to show you the Wage Withholding Order that the employer received. That will tell you where it came from. Then you should contact an attorney in the county where the order was issued to talk about how to proceed. Depending on the court that entered the order, time limits to appeal can be very short, as short as 3 working days from the date the order was signed. Don't delay in consulting an attorney on this.

Read more
Answered on 9/05/13, 3:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now