Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

My job is transferring me out of state. My divorce decree limits where I can live with my daughter. If my ex and I agree to modify the order to have no geographical limitations how do we go about modifying the order?

Asked on 9/04/13, 2:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you both agree then it is easy. You file a modification and file it at the courthouse for the judge to sign.

I suggest that you hire an attorney to help you do this. It will save you time and the energy of trying to figure out the right wording the the paperwork for the judge to sign.

If you don't have your original attorney then look on this website and on for a family law attorney in your county to help you. If you both agree to sign everything it should not be a whole lot of money.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 9:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now