Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Can the custodial parent relocate without a order and already having an order in the process?

We've been separated for a month now and about a week ago on a Thursday, she is claiming she is planning to move. Eventually, I disapproved and immediately went to a family lawyer the next day and explained the situation. I had to put down x amount of money to begin the paperwork and serve her, however, could not have the money until Monday of this week. So, the paperwork was already submitted and just needed the judge's signature, but my x has already left yesterday 8-10-12. What happens then if she already left? Is she in content of leaving without my authorization?

Asked on 8/10/12, 6:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You have retained a lawyer, and this is exactly the type of issue that should be brought to your lawyer's attention, so that your options can be explored.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/12, 5:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now