Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Can the custodial parent relocate without a order and already having an order in the process?

We've been separated for a month now and about a week ago on a Thursday, she is claiming she is planning to move. Eventually, I disapproved and immediately went to a family lawyer the next day and explained the situation. I had to put down x amount of money to begin the paperwork and serve her, however, could not have the money until Monday of this week. So, the paperwork was already submitted and just needed the judge's signature, but my x has already left yesterday 8-10-12. What happens then if she already left? Is she in content of leaving without my authorization?

Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm

You have retained a lawyer, and this is exactly the type of issue that should be brought to your lawyer's attention, so that your options can be explored.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas