Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I have been out of my home seperated from husband for a month in half. He's agreed we do this too.. But now I want to divorce I have my girl in school here new city the house we lived in together he is no longer there it was rent he moved out too. So If I no longer want to communicate with him of work it out can I file in the city or if he does will I have to go back to that town I have no one there for help or place to stay I have no money so I couldn't do that plus the home is gone I have nothing there or help. He lives in houston tx I am in Edinburg tx.

Bridgett Brumbaugh Law Office of Bridgett Brumbaugh

If no one has filed for divorce yet,you can wait to file until you are in Hidalgo County for at least 90 days. Texas Law requires you to be a Texas resident for 6 months and a resident of the county you intend to file in for 90 days.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas