Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

Refinancing the House

My ex-husband and I divorced on March 27, 2001. He has yet to refinance our house. We also have 4-wheel ATV's that are in both our names and the trailer for these ATV's. I need to know what I need to do to get him to take my name off of these items. In the Decree it also specified that a $10,000 consolidation loan was his obligation. My name is on this bill also, as primary borrower. Do I have any legal ramifications? Not only that, but as you know, Texas is a common law state, and in December of 2000 when we seperated he moved his mistress into our house, along with her child. Am I wrong in assuming that she is now 1/2 resposible for his debt? They have since been married. Please respond at your earlies convenience. Thank You!!

James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom

Re: Refinancing the House

You should speak to your lawyer about a Motion for Enforcement.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas