Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

How do I get rid of my current lawyer? I am seeking custudy of my three children and was offered a better lawyer that specifies in child custody?

Asked on 7/07/13, 7:24 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Tell your current attorney you are terminating his or her employment. You may or may not be entitled to a refund of some of what you have paid as a retainer or you may owe additional money for services already performed.

Read more
Answered on 7/07/13, 10:52 pm
Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Let me add that you will need to sign paperwork to allow your attorney to withdraw. Merely orally firing your attorney is not enough.

Also, your attorney needs time to prepare a final invoice so your refund might not be immediate. In my Legal Services Agreement I included a paragraph that covered how I refunded money - so read your LSA.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 8:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now