Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I am a single father with 50/50 custody in Texas. My kids are 3 and 5. They're mom demands and insists they be present to witness their sibblings birth. She will have a seperate room available and her mom and husband present durring the pool birth in the living room. Both of our kids were dangerous deliveries and I have expressed my concern they are to young and I am concerned for their emotional welfare and the effects this may have. Ive offered to have them there imeadiately.after, asked if thhey might tape it and we address it later together, and several alternatives with no compromise even considered. What are my rights and options? I assume little on her time.

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm

Whoever has the right to possession of the children at the time of the birth has the right to decide where the children are during that time period. If the birth occurs during your time with the children then you can do whatever you deem appropriate for the children. If it occurs during your time then it's going to be difficult for you to do anything to stop her from having the children there.

However, the practical issue is that whatever you do is going to affect your children and the parenting relationship you have with the mother. It won't go away. You need to do what you can to reach an agreement now. No agreement means the court order will dictate possession and control at the time of the birth.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas