Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

my son

my sons real father has never wanted him nor seen him, and my fiance takes full responsability for him and wants to adopt him, do i need my son real fathers permission if his name is not on the birth certificate?

Asked on 9/25/07, 6:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Grissom Law Office of James P. Grissom
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: my son

You don't necessarily need his "permission", but his rights must be terminated and he must receive notice. His rights can be terminated involuntarily based upon your inquiry. Better get a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 9/25/07, 6:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now