Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I am going on vacation with my daughter to my parents. My boyfriend is coming along. Does it.violate the no shack up claus that's in my divorce decree if he's sleeping i another room inmy parents house.

Asked on 7/21/13, 5:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fran Brochstein Attorney & Mediator
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I have not read your decree so I'm merely guessing what your decree states.

I also assume that your ex is looking to hold you in contempt of court.

If it states that you unrelated people of the opposite sex will be in the home with the child while the child is sleeping, then you are violating the order. Being on vacation does not change the fact that you are violating the order.

The judge ordered you to do certain things. You can be held in contempt of court by the judge. I assume it's punishable by fine and/or jail.

I would have your boyfriend stay at a motel.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 8:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now