Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Texas

Do you have to give back an engagement ring if the relationship ended due to violence from the male to the female? Even if you know the ring is not paid for and there were damages done to your property.

Asked on 2/06/13, 8:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The ring is a gift given in contemplation of marriage. If the giver ends the relationship before the marriage, the ring remains a gift. If the woman ends the relationship, she must return it.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/13, 3:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now