Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

fiancee visa

I recently filed a petition to bring my fiance into US. I like to know if I have to provide a affidavit of support. My application is still in processing and haven't heard a descsion yet but I just like to know if I need anything else so that my fiancee will be ready for the interview.


Asked on 4/19/06, 3:01 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Rainier Mamangun Lu Asuncion Gaza & Mamangun
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: fiancee visa

Yes, you would have to execute an Affidavit of Support. Query: From what country is your fiancee coming from? There are additional requirements needed by the US Embassy/Consulate in the host country where your fiancee lives.

Read more
4/19/06, 11:36 pm
Theresa Langford Langford Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: fiancee visa

Yes, it is a required part of the package. He will be able to apply for work authorization.

Read more
4/19/06, 8:39 pm
Melina Merino Attorney Melina Merino
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: fiancee visa

Your fiancee will need to present an I-134 Affidavit of support filled out, signed by you and notarized, along with your last three tax returns and proof of your employment.

You will also need to submit a different affidavit of support once your fiancee arrives in the USA, marries you and applies for adjustment of status.

Good Luck!

Read more
4/19/06, 10:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88177 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
David SlaterDavid P. Slater, Esq.Boca Raton, FL
Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq.Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At LawMorro Bay, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now