Legal Question in Immigration Law in Texas

I am on student visa and my parents are the green card holder and my age is 24 wht is the best way to get green card

Asked on 5/06/13, 4:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

One (or both) of your parents can file form I-130 for you now, but there is a wait before you can get your "greencard".

If you are F-1 now, you can get OPT once you graduate, then try to find an employer to petition you for an H-1B visa next April (2014).

There is always marriage to a U.S. citizen, as well.

Read more
Answered on 5/06/13, 8:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now