Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in Texas

What can I do if I am only 16 and can't get along with my mom and stepdad,I haves called child protection services before for verbal and physical abuse.I want to move out and live with ma boyfriend who is 18 years old.please help me I can't find a way out.

Asked on 1/14/13, 7:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your dad can apply to the court to change custody; you can ask your mom to allow you to live with a relative; you can get a court to emancipate you (which is unlikely). Otherwise, you have to live where you mom says until you are 18.

Read more
Answered on 1/15/13, 12:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now