Legal Question in Employment Law in Texas

I had a 6-month contract with an employer, with a non-compete clause. After working for this employer for 1 week, they called me and told me that it wasn't working out and they were replacing me. It has been 13 days, and I still have not been paid for my final time sheet.

Do I have any legal options? I would like my pay that I earned, and I would like the employer to understand that laying off employees after one week is unacceptable.

Adam Kielich The Kielich Law Firm

You can file a wage claim for the unpaid wages.

If the employment contract was breached you may be able to recover under the employment contract; however, if the employer had the right under the contract to terminate your employment after a week then you may not have a remedy but to move on and find new employment.

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.

Send a copy of the contract to me by email/fax and I could answer the question..but if the employer had a noncompete agreement..there are probably other waivers against you...but

you can't punish an employer for firing you..fax 972 2981028..email dmcleaish@gmail.com..

ph 972 2984641

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Texas

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms