Texas  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Sunday night / Monday morning a couple of friends and I came home from a bar (I was not driving). We reached my apt and I did not have my keys so I kicked my door in. During all of this a fire alarm goes off, I think my idiot friend may have pulled a fire alarm. It seems like the entire building was outside because of these alarms. I checked my voicemail today and the apartment office wants to talk with me about it.

I work late hours so it's hard to make an appointment to speak with someone in the office. This is also my last month in this apartment, I already gave notice. I am willing to take responsibility for my actions, the door, or at least explain myself to the front office. But I fear that if I do, I will be served with some kind of eviction notice or something on my leasing record.

The maintenance guy came by and did a quick fix so that I can lock my door (barely). And I have not received any "warnings" or notices on my door. Will the apartment office fix my door frame? Would they just want an explanation or is there something I should be worried about?