Legal Question in Mediation in Texas

Someone asked me to stay with their children for the weekend. I cancelled all of my commitments for the weekend. I went over to their place the day before to meet with the Mother and finalize all the details. She called me the next day and said as they were leaving for the airport their old sitter called and she and her husband decided to ask her to stay the weekend so she cancelled me for no reason. They were to pay me $600.00 for staying the entire weekend with their children and "shuttling" them to various activities. Are they legally responsible to pay me for all or part of the weekend for cancelling me at the very last minute?

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

Yes, they're liable for your damages. Send them a nice letter telling them exactly what you told me, and give them ten days to pay your damages. If they don't, sue them.

More Mediation questions and answers in Texas