Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

Would anyone care to represent me on a contingency basis if I decide to go after a West Tx municipality. I believe I have a good case.

None is going to agree to take on a case without knowing the facts. You'd be surprised how many people contact a lawyer thinking they have a great case only to learn they have no case. You need to talk to a local lawyer immediately. Municipalities, like any government body, have sovereign immunity. That means you can only sue them for certain things specified in the Texas Tort Claims Act.

You also need to be aware that many municipalities have a very short notice period for claims specified in their city charter such as 60 or 90 days. These limits have been upheld by the Texas Supreme Court. Failure to provide written notice to the people specified in the charter that gives all the details specified in the charter constitutes a waiver of your claim. Thus, you need to sit down with a lawyer who can look these things up right now. Do not delay another day.

Roger Merrill Merrill & Associates

You need three things to get an attorney interested on a contingent fee basis: (1) liability; (2) damages; and (3) money. A city should have $; so you need to show that you can prove the City is liable for damages that make it worthwhile to pursue. Please call me at (877) 914-0888 to discuss your claim and I can give you a better answer to your question.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas