Legal Question in Personal Injury in Texas

Hi, My mom was ran over by a car about 15 years ago. It happened in South Caralina and she was from Kansas. I dont know why I couldnt do nothing about it then but I was a kid at the time so I didnt know anything about law. Now that im grown I was wondering if I could do anything about it now. I just dont think its fair that this man got away with killing my mother. Now i'm scard for life. please help

Asked on 9/08/10, 3:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roger Merrill Merrill & Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In Texas, you would have until the day of your 20th birthday in which to file a lawsuit for your loss. I don't practice in S Carolina, so I can't say what the law is there; but expect it to probably be similar. Talk with a S Carolina lawyer to find out what options you have.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/10, 4:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now