Texas  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/23/05, 7:39 am

I need the deed

I bought several acres under a contract for sale, financed by the owner of the property. The property was purchased in 1992 and the note was paid in full in 1999.

The person from whom I bought the property sent me a ''Release of Lien'' which I filed at the county court house.

To this date, the seller has failed to provide me with the deed to the property and will not respond to my letters requesting the deed.

What legal recourse do I have in this instance? Is there some other way I can get a deed to my property other than through the seller?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search