Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

Can there be a restriction in a deed for land that the land cannot be sold. it was one acre given to a daughter by her father

Asked on 5/12/13, 2:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You'd probably want to rework it as a life estate. This allows the life tenant to enjoy the property for that person's life. When that person dies, then the property would pass to a third party, called a remainderman.

For more information, please visit our website:

Also, please read our disclaimer:

Read more
5/12/13, 4:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

8661 active attorneys ready to answer your legal qustions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Terry A. NelsonNelson & LawlessHuntington Beach, CA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now