Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

Texas/ My parents are on the mortgage on my house. They deeded it to me 12 years ago. I have made all the payments and property taxes since then. I want to refinance to lower interest rate and escrow taxes and insurance. I understand that I have to transfer deed back to them in order to refinance. I can't qualify for the loan. My question is once the deed is filed and it is back in his name can he refinance immediately or is there a season time before refi? Getting contradicting info.

Asked on 2/06/13, 12:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Call a mortgage lender..or their bank...they can refinance and when that is done, have the title put in their name with you as beneficiary..but it is not uncommon

Read more
Answered on 2/06/13, 1:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now