Texas  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/01/13, 8:06 am

My wife and I were looking to buy a piece of property. The difficulty is we cannot get to the property without traveling on about a 200 yard long easement road and cannot get financing because the easement road is too narrow according to the banks. They say that emergency vehicles would have difficulty traversing the road, and that county law says that easement roads must be 40 foot wide, which this is not, but is the only way onto the property. I don't think vehicles would have difficulty since large tractors use it to get into the fields often. Is there any way that I can get a county easement deeded to me, and would it take off that easement label and make it my driveway?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search