United States Minor Outlying Islands  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/23/09, 6:26 pm


Can I get a felony from

the early 80`s

expunged? I moved to

Texas and my wife

bought me a gun in my

name in November 2009

and now the ATF is

calling me on june 18th.

2009 telling me that

bass and pro shop, the

store she purchased the

gun at, called them and

told them that ''wopps

Mr. so and so has a 9MM

Ruger and he has a

felony on his record'' It

seems that if the store

did not get a reply from

the FBI back ground

check in 3 days they

could hand over the

gun. Now the only way I

can have a weapon is to

get my record expunged

, according to what the

ATF gentleman told me.

I also have the choice of

selling it at a pawn shop

to get rid of it. My

record has been clean

since the that happened

and I cant remember

the lawyer`s name that

got me the 4 years

probation deal.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search