Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Utah

I was placed on probation for simple possestion of Pot in Utah, It is my first offense and I have never been in any trouble before, I am almost 39 years old. My probation officer is requiring I get a job, I have been a stay at home father since aug 2009, My wife is a school teacher on maternity leave currently. The probation officer(she is a women) say since my wife is home, and can take care of the kids over the summer I need a job to "stay busy and not use drugs". I am busy every day raising two boys under the age of two? I stopped smoking pot the moment the court said to? I feel I am being held to a different standard becuase I am a man?

Alvin Lundgren Alvin R. Lundgren, L.C.

If the probation officer will not listen to you, talk to her supervisor, maybe request a different officer. You can also go back to court and protest the condition with the court.

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Utah