Utah  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/10/07, 11:42 pm

bad contract

Last July 2006 I signed a contract to lease with an option to buy a house I deposited 5000 and 475/mo of the rent was supoosed to go towards the purchase price of the house. my landlord jus told me 3 wks ago he filed bankcruptcy 2 yrs ago and did not reafirm. the trustee wants the house bought immediately I am not ready and I don't want to be involved in my landlord's litigation

What are my rights and what can I do. Do I have a case? who can I talk to? I dont know where to start. I am planning to move out a the end of this month

I would at least like to reclaim the money I put as a deposit and the money I invested each month

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search