Legal Question in Elder Law in Virginia

My mother had a stroke and his not able to talk and make her own decisions. I am very close to her and i am the oldest, but my brother who is yonger than me by 2 years, and my mom's boyfriend, keep making decisons that are not right for my mother because they say they have as much right as I do to make any decision on behalf of my mother. Sine I am the oldest is there any law that will allow me to be the decison maker?

Asked on 3/25/11, 8:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, there is no such law; you may need to petition the local

circuit court to appoint you as the sole conservator of your mother's

financial affairs.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/11, 9:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now