Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

If I have agreed to pay child support at a curtin amount can I get it changed

Asked on 10/08/13, 4:08 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Michael E. Hendrickson

Yes, perhaps, depending upon how this particular agreement

came about and the conditions required to sustain it.

Read more
Answered on 10/08/13, 10:53 pm

Paul B. Ward Law Offices of Paul B. Ward

if you have a written agreement, it probably states that it cannot be changed unless the parties mutually agree to the change. If a court set the amount, or incorporated a written agreement in and order that confirmed the amount, the court can change the amount upon a showing of material change in circumstances.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/13, 6:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia