Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

My child's father and I have split up. We are unmarried. He has decided that he wants to be 21. He was supposed to watch her twice one time he came home at 430 and another not at all and I had to call out of work with ny new job. We are now talking about s certain kinds of custody agreements and he has said he is willing to give up all parental rights if I don't cone after him for child support. Which im okay with but I kind of need the money. I would prefer to get him sign his rights or get full custody. If there was a possible chance that he was able to get joint or anything similar I would be scared for his well being. His family does drugs and Im afraid something could happen to her if she goes there. Idk what to do. Im not sure the money is worth losing a custody battle . If he does sign his rights could he ever get them back one day? Please advise on this whole situation.

Asked on 9/30/13, 4:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to consult with a Virginia attorney who handles family law

matters concerning the situation described, and, FYI, one doesn't

terminate one's parental rights/responsibilities in the Commonwealth

merely by signing a piece of paper (not even one that is properly notarized).

Read more
Answered on 9/30/13, 8:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now