Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

Divorce Laws In VA

I would like to know the laws of VA for a divorce. I'm a house wife and I've been reading a lot on some of the laws, but I would like some information from an attorney what the laws are and how to go forward with a divorce. How long will it take for a divorce to finalize without children? etc. Any information would be wonderful.

Thank You.

Shane Jimison Jimison/Homiller, PLC

Re: Divorce Laws In VA

Check out my website www.jimisonlaw.com for more information on divorce procedures in VA.

Fred Kaufman Fredrick S. Kaufman, Esquire

Re: Divorce Laws In VA

You ask a huge question.

No lawyer should explain the divorce process and how it applies to you in a short paragraph or a two minute phone call.

The process is not difficult but what you need to be thinking about in your particular situation requires the counsel of an experienced attorney. This affects your children and your property and should not be entered into alone.

Find a reasonable lawyer and have this hour long conversation with him or her. Pay them for that hour. Better yet, shop around and find one who'll give a free consultation.

Good luck

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia