Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

How can the father of my toddler son keep him without my permission, when we have joint legal and joint physical custody , and are to exchange him every other week?

Asked on 9/11/12, 3:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the father is in violation of the custody order and refuses to correct it,

he can then be brought back into court on a Rule to Show Cause (as to

why he should not be found in contempt and possibly

sanctioned for his violative behaviour.).

Read more
Answered on 9/11/12, 7:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now