Virginia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/20/13, 2:13 pm

I submitted a Request for Review & Adjustment in Virginia to my child support amount lowered. I have been paying for over 8 years and this is the first time I have ever made a request. It's been 7 months since I submitted my request via DCSE (Division of Child Support Enforcement here in VA) and they were to forward it to the District of Columbia (where the case originated & where my Ex & minor child still reside). As of last Friday, SEVEN MONTHS since I submitted the review, no one will give me an answer as to the status of my request and the District of Columbia Division of Child Support Enforcement said that they have no record of the request having been submitted/forwarded to them by VA DCSE.

If I wanted to file to have them answer to a judge as to why nothing has been done, what document would I file? Both agencies are giving me the runaround. VA says they filed it (but have no proof) and DC is saying they never received it, but now will not respond to my faxes or phone calls.

Every judge I have ever spoken to suggests that I file to get the amount lowered. After being told this by the 6th judge, I did it and this is the end result. Back when I initially filed, both DC and VA told me that I HAD to file for reduction in VA through DCSE since they are handling my case (and I'm a VA resident now).

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search