Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Virginia

where to file a warrant in debt

I have a sublease in which the subtenant has not paid me for last month, nor has the subtenant paid the actual landlord for this month. I need to file a Warrant in Debt, but I moved to a different county than where the premises are located. Can I file the paperwork at the General District Court in this county or do I need to travel the 300 miles to file in the county where the premises are located?

Asked on 10/08/07, 10:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James McKinnon McKinnon & Associates, PLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: where to file a warrant in debt

File it where the property is located. Get the paperwork from the Court's website and file by mail.

Read more
10/09/07, 11:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

8817 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
David SlaterDavid P. Slater, Esq.Boca Raton, FL
Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq.Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At LawMorro Bay, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now