Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Virginia

I need my mother-in-law's proof-of-income to qualify for a $204,000 refinance loan at a lower rate (3.75%) since my income is too low alone. Does her name go on the property deed? If so, can we use a quit claim deed to facilitate dropping her off of the deed at a later date?

Asked on 6/08/13, 10:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, not unless the lender requires her name on the deed (not too likely).

Otherwise, her name on the refinanced mortgage should be quite sufficient

(in my opinion).

Read more
Answered on 6/08/13, 10:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now