Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Virginia

My boyfriend left my cell phone in his work truck and his boss still hasnt given it to him. when he left the phone in the truck it was dead, now it is turned on and rings when you call. i have proof from verizon the phone has been turned on. i have personal pics and videos on that phone that are very private and he does not have my permission to look at them or to turn my phone on. he has made sexual comments to my boyfriend before about me and has caused my boyfriend to miss work because it makes him uncomfortable as well. i feel very embarresed, uncomfortable, and used. is there anything we can do about this legally?

Asked on 6/01/11, 5:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You could go down to the general district court in the city or

county where your boyfriend's boss has his business headquarters

and file what's called a Warrant in Detinue against him for the return of your

personal property(the phone) which might cause him to return the instrument

to your possession to avoid having to go to court and explain it all to a judge.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/11, 7:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Sexual Harassment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now