Legal Question in Traffic Law in Virginia

I was charged with reckless driving I was going 84 in a 65 I can't go to driving school because I went recently for a couple months and losing my license or having it suspended will cost me a lot. I have a clean record other than this I was wondering what could I do to keep my license, can I get it reduced or ask for community service or pay a big fine

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

Best to first pay (or have the court appoint if you're eligible) an attorney to represent you and allow him or her to pursue the strategy most likely to allow you to emerge from this case with minimal adverse consequences.

Erin Ranney Erin L. T. Ranney, PLLC

Both of those things might be a possibility if they are effectively argued. It will largely depend on your previous driving record and how you behaved with the officer. An attorney that serves the court where you got the ticket can help you figure out your best strategy.

This does not constitute legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Virginia