Legal Question in Traffic Law in Virginia

I was charged with reckless driving I was going 84 in a 65 I can't go to driving school because I went recently for a couple months and losing my license or having it suspended will cost me a lot. I have a clean record other than this I was wondering what could I do to keep my license, can I get it reduced or ask for community service or pay a big fine

Asked on 9/05/12, 8:44 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Best to first pay (or have the court appoint if you're eligible) an attorney to represent you and allow him or her to pursue the strategy most likely to allow you to emerge from this case with minimal adverse consequences.

Read more
Answered on 9/05/12, 9:02 am
Erin Ranney Erin L. T. Ranney, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Both of those things might be a possibility if they are effectively argued. It will largely depend on your previous driving record and how you behaved with the officer. An attorney that serves the court where you got the ticket can help you figure out your best strategy.

This does not constitute legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.

Read more
Answered on 9/05/12, 9:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now